A little bit about me......
- First Ave. Studio and Art Gallery This is my working studio, as well as a gallery by appointment only.
342 NE First Ave., Delray Beach, Fl. 33444- 561-716-5685
- Boca Raton Museum of Art Artists’ Guild Gallery – 512 E. Atlantic Ave., Delray Beach, Fl.33444 www.bocaguild.com
- Wolff Gallery - 1757 Avenida Del Sol, Boca Raton, Fl,
contact: Sheila Woldff - 561-901-9637
- Art of The Valley - Vail/Beaver Creek -240 Chapel Square, Avon, Co. 81620
PATRICIA (PATI) MAGUIRE
I am a painter whose work can best be described as a modern impressionist, although I prefer no labels.
Sometimes my brushwork is loose and flowing and joyful. And sometimes I spend hours on a little section, with tight strokes and a measurable goal. If I paint outside, my work will sometimes be almost abstract, and other times it will be a record of time and place.
I am of many homes and many places. I fit in everyplace and belong no place. I am drawn to a variety of people, languages, culture and imagery. My work reflects who I am.
Born in Argentina of European parents. Formative years in Venezuela, US and Brazil. Fine Art degree from Skidmore College. MBA from Florida Atlantic University. Living in South Florida for the last few decades, and recently also in the Vaail Valley, Colorado.
Pati's award winning work has been exhibited at the Boca Raton Museum of Art, the Coral Springs Museum of Art, The Cornell Museum in Delray Beach, Lighthouse Art Center and Museum in Tequesta, the Cultural Council of Palm Beach County, and other art venues throughout South Florida. Her paintings presently hang in galleries in Boca Raton, Delray Beach, and the Vail Valley as well as in private and corporate collections in Rio de Janeiro, Paris, Caracas, Montreal and throughout the USA.
Pati is a Signature Member of the Boca Raton Museum of Art Artists' Guild, member of the Delray Art League, Founding Board of Directors of Plein Air Palm Beach Painters, member of The American Society of Impressionist Painters, Oil Painters of America, and Plein Air Artists Colorado.
She teaches painting at her studio, and the School of Creative Arts in Old School Square, Delray Beach.
Recent exhibition highlights:
accepted to "Red Brick Plein Air Festival", Aspen Colorado, August 2016
Cornell Museum - "Wild" exhibit - Jan. 14-April 17, 2016
accepted to "Plein Fun Fest", Plein Air Palm Beach, February 2016 - Jack Richeson Award of Excellence winner.
invitation by the Cultural Council of Palm Beach's exhibit "Made in Delray", September 2015
acceptance into the national juried "Environmentally Engaged" show at the Lighthouse Art Center and Museum 2015,
Solo Show at the Cultural Council of Palm Beach County 2014,
acceptance into the Lighthouse Art Center Museum Plein Air Invitational Show 2015,
Boca Raton Museum of Art-Artists' Guild Biennial Show 2014,
Cornell Museum of Art Juried Plein Air Palm Beach show -2014,
Northwood University Juried Plein Air Palm Beach 2014,
The Art of Association at the Lighthouse Art center and Museum 2015 ( 2nd. Place Prize),
Cornell Museum Artwalk Gallery Featured Artist July 2015 ........
Her work has been featured in magazines and books.
When not on location, I paint out of my studio in Delray Beach.
-Delray beach Magazine - March/April 2016 - "Capturing the Light" , pages 62-72
-Delray Beach Magazine – March/April 2014 – pages 38 & 39-Acrylic Works-The Best of Acrylic Painting – North Light Books 2014, pages 92 and 93
Artblend Magazine-Vol.1 –spring/summer 2013, page 72
-Plein Air Magazine –Volume 3, Issue 3- September 2013, page 21
- Explore – Palm Beach – Issue 1 -2013 –Cover Photo
- Travel Host Magazine – Spring 2013 – page 32 – Full page article
- Our Art- 2013 – Boca Raton Museum of Art –ISBN 978-1-4675-5749-8page 50
- The Artist Showcase – Winter 2012 –page 98 – Full page article
- The Artist Showcase – Fall 2012 –page 64-65 –full pages
- Florida Scape Artists - A Collection OfPlein Air Paintings - 2011
- Art & Culture Magazine - Spring 2011 "Boca Bacchanal Art Competition Winner" article, page 73
- Atlantic Ave Magazine - June 2011 "First Avenue Studio-Work In Progress" article, page 90. www.atlanticavemagazine.com
- A World Of Artists - Michael Joseph Publishing – 2010, page 99
FACEBOOK : www.facebook.com/patimaguirespaintings